Last Updated: March 2020
If you are a resident of California, please see the section below titled “Your California Privacy Rights” for additional information that may be applicable to you.
The information we gather from you enables us to (i) personalize and improve our Services, (ii) allow you to set up an account and profile that can be used to participate in our Services, (iii) analyze and report on the results of the Services in an aggregate manner (iv) support your use of the Services; and (v) securing our business and defending our legal rights. We collect the following types of information from you:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter in connection with our Services or otherwise provide to us in connection with our Services. The types of information that is collected may include your name, email address, password, phone number, mailing address, gender, age, weight, height, health and well-being related information (including without limitation diabetes type and blood glucose monitor readings and type of glucose meter). If you have purchased an On Call Bluetooth Adapter, On Call Data Transfer Cable or an On Call Bluetooth-enabled Meter and are using it in connection with the Services, we may also collect the Serial number of such product. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able register with us or take advantage of all of our Services offerings.
If you engage with ACON Labs Support, we may ask you to include personal information about yourself in order to help resolve your issue.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Services. We automatically receive and record information from your browser on our server logs, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you have requested.
Generally, our Services automatically collect usage information such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Services, and its components, and how users interact with and use the Services. We only use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how users use parts of the Services so that we can make the Services useful for as many users as possible, and improve upon those Services.
If you are using the On Call Bluetooth Adapter, On Call Data Transfer Cable or an On Call Bluetooth-enabled meter in connection with the Services, you understand and acknowledge that when you sync your data to the mobile application or web platform, readings from your glucose meter will be uploaded to your account with us. Further, when you seek support from us, you understand and acknowledge that the individual(s) providing you with support may need to access these readings in order to diagnose the problem you are seeking support for; in this case, this information will only be used to help provide you with support.
"Cookies" and internet tags
We may collect and process information about your visit to this website, such as the pages you visit and the website you came from. Such information is used by us to help improve the contents of the site and to compile aggregate statistics about individuals using our site for internal, market research purposes. In doing this, we may install "cookies" that collect the domain name of the user, your internet service provider, your operating system, and the date and time of access. A "cookie" is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a "cookie," this will enable you to decide if you want to accept it or not. We would like to inform you, however, that if you do not accept you may not be able to use all functionality of your browser software.
Occasionally, we may use internet tags (also known as action tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs and 1-by-1 GIFs) and cookies at this site and may deploy these tags/cookies through a third-party advertising partner or a web analytical service partner which may be located and store the respective information (including your IP-address) in a foreign country. These tags/cookies are placed on both online advertisements that bring users to this site and on different pages of this site. We use this technology to measure the visitors' responses to our sites and the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns (including how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted) as well as to evaluate your use of this website. The third-party partner or the web analytical service partner may be able to collect data about visitors to our and other sites because of these internet tags/cookies, may compose reports regarding the website’s activity for us and may provide further services which are related to the use of the website and the internet. They may provide such information to other parties if there is a legal requirement that they do so, or if they hire the other parties to process information on their behalf. If you would like more information about web tags and cookies associated with on-line advertising or to opt-out of third-party collection of this information, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative website http://www.networkadvertising.org
This website currently does not respond to Do Not Track requests from browsers, but in any event we do not follow the movement of website visitors outside the site itself.
Information You Choose to Share:
Our Services allow you to make available certain information to third parties, including your Support Team and your health care provider.
You can add a user to your Support Team by sending an invite to the list of “People who support me.” This will allow the Support Team user to access all of your blood glucose data, graphs and reports, and some account information including first name and last name. You may, at any time, remove a Support Team user from your list of “People who support me” by entering into the “Sharing” tab in your account, finding the Support Team member you wish to remove, and selecting Remove underneath the Actions column and confirming. This will revoke access to your data from this user. However, we cannot control what data that user may have saved during the time period when they had access to your data, so please exercise caution when adding new users to the list of “People who support me.”
You can also allow your health care provider to access your data by entering into the “Sharing” tab, selecting “New Invite” and choosing Healthcare Provider within the User type selections. After you have given your health care provider access to your data, they will be able to see your diabetes type and set blood glucose range targets for you.
Disclosure of information
IT IS THE USER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO EXERCISE CAUTION WHEN SHARING DATA WITH OTHER USERS. ACON LABS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT HAS BEEN SHARED WITH OTHER USERS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you have the right to:
- request the deletion of your personal information that we collected,
- opt-out of the sale of your personal information (but we do not sell your personal information),
- request that we disclose information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months including:
- the specific pieces and categories of personal information we collected,
- what personal information we collect, use, disclose, or sell (but we do not sell your personal information) about you
- the categories of sources of the personal information we collected about you
- our business purpose for collecting or selling (but we do not sell your personal information) the personal information,
- for each category of personal information the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed or sold (but we do not sell your personal information), and
- be free from discriminatory adverse treatment for exercising these rights.
In order to protect your privacy and verify your request, we may require additional information from you. Please note that these rights are subject to certain exceptions under applicable law.
Instructions: You or your authorized agent can submit your request by calling us at 1-800-838-9502 or emailing us at
email@example.com. In general, we will verify your request and your identity by authenticating the details in your account.
Categories of Personal Information Collected: As described above, we collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers: Real name, postal address, phone number, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Customer Records: Paper and electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, physical characteristics or description, and telephone number.
- Protected Classifications: Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as sex and age.
- Commercial Information: Commercial information including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies.
- Biometric Information: Physiological, biological or behavioral characteristics that can be used alone or in combination with each other to establish individual identity, including weight and height, health and well-being information (including without limitation diabetes type and blood glucose monitor readings) and type of glucose meter.
- Usage Data: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a resident’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
Sources of Collection of Personal Information: We collect the above categories of personal information directly from you.
Sale Under CCPA: We do not sell your personal information.
If you have questions regarding this policy, please contact ACON Labs at 1-800-838-9502.
ACON Laboratories, Inc. 10125 Mesa Rim Road, San Diego, California USA 92121